Your home-away-from-home for your vacation week in Chile – your own “safari-style” tented bungalow nestled into the cliff overlooking the turquoise waters of the Rio Futaleufu. Relax in two riverside hot tubs, enjoy the wood fired sauna, have a drink on the deck, jump on a bike and head out on some single track – there is nothing quite like it.
Base Camp Amenities:
· 10 acres with river access for fishing, swimming, and relaxing
· Hot showers, handcrafted river-rock hot tub, sauna, and professional masseuse
· Private tent platforms with roofs for shade and rain; each roomy safari style tent is walk-in style, complete with 2 chairs, coffee table, mattresses, pillows, and blankets
· Tent captains who bring you tea or coffee each morning
· Candlelit sit-down dinners in our “Galpón”– an open-air log structure hand-built by famous Chilean carpenter Rolando
· Catarafts for fishing, horseshoes, kayaks, mountain bikes
· Daily yoga classes
· Freshly baked bread, and fresh vegetables from the adjacent farm.
· Library for reading and napping.
· Open sunset bar with unlimited drinks, relaxation, and dancing!
All meals are prepared and enjoyed under the “Galpón,” an open, log-roofed gathering area that serves as the camp’s main meeting area. Meal times are always festive occasions. Guests are welcome to join in and help in meal preparation. Chilean red wine is always flowing as we gather around the handmade wood table to enjoy our meals by candlelight.
We are happy to accommodate any dietary requirements. Vegetarians will love the abundance of fresh vegetables that are harvested daily from the garden. In front of the dining area is a cozy campfire surrounded by benches, where you can relax and enjoy hot tea or coffee.