"What just might be the best commercial rafting company in North America. The trips are spectacular beyond description, the guides are the best of the best, the food is incomparable, and the customers are treated like royalty."To all our past and present guests - Thank You! At the end of every year we sift through the emails and the photos from all of you and it never fails to give us goose bumps, it never fails to make us happy (and a little sad), and it never fails to remind us of the power and beauty of our wild places and, even more importantly, of the unique and remarkable people we are lucky enough to spend time with on the river every season. So, with your continued support, wonderful personalities, and adventurous spirits we will continue to keep and attract the best guides anywhere. We will continue to reshape the way river travel is run and to work towards setting the standard in trip quality and environmental responsibility. And we will continue to run rivers and add adventures that are the best in their class and that are off the beaten path. To all past and present guests a huge - "THANK YOU!" For those who have not been on a rafting trip with us below are some highlights and then a rolling list of testimonials as they come in from our guests. You can also check out TripAdvisor.com and Yelp.com for even more. Enjoy!
- 5 "Thanks Andy for a great time! I personally have not rafted so this experience was wonderful. I would do it again! I loved taking in the nature all around us. Looking forward to another LONGER trip." - Terie McEntee
- 5 "Rebecca, thank you so much for the great adventure we enjoyed. You truly love what you do and your enthusiasm is contagious! Thanks again for your expertise and sharing the adventure of the Rogue River. -Alex" - Alex
- 5 "I went on a private trip with 6 friends. We made it clear we wanted a special and unique trip, and at every stage through the adventure we were pleasantly surprised. To start, the Rogue River is a spectacular location to raft down, but Momentum offered us unexpected access to knowledge as we traveled down the river, access to insane fun as we hung around the well setup camp, and luxury as we slept. To enhance our experience, they introduced us to a survivalist, who we brought with us down the river. He did a wonderful job of giving us a much deeper understanding of the very special and complex ecosystem we were traveling down. Overall, we were very impressed and were offered way more than expected. Definitely worth every penny! Thanks again Pete, Simon, Anthony, Sam, and Trevor for the wild and truly unforgettable experience." - Dylan
- 5 "Thanks Orea, you all were great people/friends/family. You all made it extra special, thanks again. -Mike and family" - mike
- 5 "Thank YOU, Pete! It was a fabulous trip, and Orea and Jane were amazing excellent guides (and chefs and photographers). This was a first for the little kids, though they are all experienced campers, and it was a huge success. Lake Michigan and Lake Huron will never be quite the same for them, and I'm sure they'll be eager to go again. My husband and I will be, too. I'd rather have a retirement of active adventures than sitting in a rocking chair!" - Deborah
- 5 "My sister and I had such a splendid lodge trip on the Rogue River. It was a special time for us, both in our late sixties, to experience the Wild and Scenic Rogue and be cared for so skillfully, attentively and with so much care by our three guides (Erik, the trip leader,and John and Anthony.) Our complete confidence in them allowed relaxation for us to contemplate and appreciate the beauty all around us each of the three days. I would definitely like to go on another such trip and will enthusiastically tell my friends about Momentum."
- 5 "I’ve traveled with Pete on 4 trips, 3 of them covering multiple days. In every case, his professionalism shines and in each case, my experiences have been nothing less than brilliant."
- 5 "This was our second trip with Momentum on the Rogue with the team of Eric, Arden, and Alan. If you are trying to get a group of busy people together, this is the perfect quick trip: 3 days and 2 nights on the river with comfortable cabin on night 1 and then the spectacular Paradise lodge. Excellent food and libation, but it never hurts to bring some extra booze. I suggest you stay the night before and the night after at the Galice Resort to start mellowing out! Inflatable kayaks enhance the experience and guarantee that you will eventually take a little swim! But Eric and Arden will keep you safe, so no need to be timid! Forward 2!!" - Robert
- 5 "Mara, Thanks to all of you. The trip was excellent and your knowledge of the river was amazing. Definitely the highlight of our summer! -Scott" - Scott
- 5 "Did a 3 day rogue trip with my daughter Memorial day weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. She Kayaked most of time and I did part of the time. It's great to have that alternative. I've done two guided fishing trips and one raft trip with a friend down the Rogue and this was the most enjoyable. Tyler was very accommodating. We stayed in lodges which was fantastic. perfect mixture of adventure and comfort."
- 5 "My father and I took the 4 day wilderness camp trip down the Rogue River. It was absolutely incredible, and I would definitely recommend taking this trip with Momentum. Our guides (Mara and Jeff) were so fun and personal, and I felt safe and well taken care of at all times. Having only 6 people on our trip was really nice. The food was awesome! I was a little concerned they would have trouble meeting my dietary needs (vegan and gluten free), but the guides made delicious food food for me and catered to the dietary needs of others on the trip, too. This was my Dad and my first trip in Oregon, and our guides made the river trip an unforgettable one. Oregon is beautiful and I can't wait to visit again! "
- 5 "Greatest trip of my life...The kayaking in white water was outstanding. Can't say enough about our guides (Anthony, Tyler, and Cooper). I would trust them on any future trip. They had it all together: best food including presentation, meeting our every need, and showing continual concern for our safety. This trip was a gift from my son. I would love to go on future trips. Would love to recommend this activity to anyone with questions. I am 71 yrs old and could never have succeeded in kayaking without the help of the guides and the other eight men on the trip. "
- 5 "It was early August 2018. Fires were raging throughout Southern Oregon and California, and while we worried for the firefighters and towns, we also selfishly worried our family vacation would be canceled. Jae at Momentum assured us that would not be the case sending a picture of the Rogue showing proof of life so we got on the plane and headed out. Arriving in Grants Pass (unfortunately, The Galice Resort had to be closed), we pulled into the hotel lot noticing most of the other vehicles were fire control trucks while ash fell onto our shoulders. What had we gotten ourselves into? The next day the sky was a bit clearer as we made our way to an improvised meeting point. We pulled into the lot almost hitting a man in a broad-rimmed hat who stepped out of a building into the driveway. He smiled and waved seeming not to mind. That was certainly a different response than we would have received back home. We soon learned this would be our rafting guide Vikram. It was only later that we learned he would also serve as our nature guide, history teacher, and spiritual shaman (telling us something to the effect of the river is its own religion). After prepping us for the trip and transferring our belongings into dry bags, a second guide, Rob, drove us to the meeting spot where we met the third amigo -- Jeff. These three men would be our team leaders for the next three days, guiding us into the pristine waters of the Rogue and away from the fire, civilization, and the worries of a busy life. We were a family of five with two teens and a 9 year old. There was a mother and her teen son on the trip, a nice couple from the midwest, and two men with their father, bringing him back to a river where he had spent countless days of his adult life while working. We were a motley group, but Vikram, Jeff, and Rob brought us together through rafting, kayaking, food, and drink. Those three days were spent away from technology, away from the busyness of life, and in the presence of nature -- smiles replacing stress lines as nature and solitude replaced concrete and crowds. The actual rafting was, for the most part, easy and relaxing with enough good rapids mixed in to keep things exciting. Vikram was a man from a storybook weaving tales of his times rafting through the US, Africa, India, and Norway. Explaining how to read a river, what makes a rapid, and pointing out the wildlife along the way. Jeff guided his raft (which I was not in) with a smile on his face. Like a sea captain, he often had our youngest son perched on the front of the raft serving as the rafts figurehead leading the way. Both men knew the river well, gave precise instructions, and found places for swimming -- and at the request of the aforementioned nine year old, rock jumping. For lunches, we would pull to shore where Rob (who was gear-guiding) would have tables set for lunch and a spread of food to satisfy all. At times wild berries grew in nearby bushes to supplement the meals. In the evenings we stayed in lodges. The first night, Rob, Vikram, and Jeff prepared an amazing meal which we ate together followed by hours on the porch sharing tales over drinks. Anything you may hear about one father being so tired he went to bed soon after dinner should be ignored as completely unsubstantiated. The second night was spent at the Paradise Lodge, a sort of Four Seasons tucked away in the hills. Again after a dinner to satisfy all, we spent hours on the porch sharing stories and looking at stars -- more stars than many of us had ever seen. It was a celestial masterpiece. As with the first night, our guides ensured it was a celebration of a great day. The third day was shorter and the river wider and flatter -- a reminder that there are times in life where you simply have to keep rowing to push through. The river was teaching us a final lesson before letting us depart. We've sat as a family revisiting this trip and the guides. What else can we say? The guides were professional, great cooks, great with kids and adults, and great teachers. The three men worked well together. Jeff and Rob, in particular, made a great team while Vikram was larger than life on his own. Who knows if life will lead us back to the Rogue, but after this trip, it will lead us on more adventures in search of white waters. TLDR: Momentum does a great job. We really like Vikram, Jeff, and Rob, We'd do it again." - Darren Moore