World-Class River Trips Oregon,
Northern California, and beyond…
How are you? We hope you are having a great winter! There is so much going on here at Momentum I am not sure where to start… How about our spring trips?
With the start of our first full season on the Illinois (woo hoo!), a great start to the snow pack on the Owyhee, and of course the Cal Salmon we have our best spring schedule yet! For those who want to check out a spring river, but not big whitewater the Lower Owyhee is one of the most beautiful, unique, and rarely run trips in the country and this should be a great Owyhee season. It will also be written up in National Geographic Adventure sometime in the next month or so.
We are extremely excited to offer a new trip this year – 3 and 4-day Rogue River trips! The Rogue is one of the most famous and best summer wilderness trips anywhere and there is the unique option to enjoy it with evenings spent at remote riverside lodges only accessible by boat (so cool!). The rapids and the choice of craft make the Rogue almost unmatched in its ability to satisfy a wide range of tastes and skill levels – ages 7 to people wanting more adventure (kayaks!). We generally don’t feature summer trips in our winter newsletter, but the Rogue is extremely regulated and there is limited space – most of our trips will have only 10 to 12 people. We are also just really excited about it! Check it out here>>
Below there is more info on all of our spring trips and probably our biggest “news” section ever. There is info on our new web site (have you seen it?), our new online booking option, an “exploratory” low water Inflatable Kayak trip on the Illinois, and a little more on the snow pack.
With the addition of the Rogue this year and the Illinois last year we now offer trips on all the regions most spectacular rivers – and with this region that says a lot. Although our trips and our company are still small because of the richness and diversity of this area we are lucky to be able to offer a quality and variety of river adventures that rivals any big multi-region, multi-country company. We are honored and with the continued support of the best guests around we are very excited for the future.
Bookings for all our spring trips are already coming in (some Salmon and Illinois dates are very full) so if you are interested or have questions give us a call or an email! We hope to see you in the spring and summer!
Pete and the staff of
Momentum River Expeditions
Spring Trips – We have a full Schedule!
The California Salmon 2 to 4-Day – Every spring starts with this one. The Salmon is one of the most spectacular rafting trips in the country; it is world-class whitewater in our back yard. The canyon is spectacular and the rapids are amazing; it’s a magical place. 3-day options include a day on the rarely run class V Scott River or the amazing Clear Creek. This makes the trip one of the premier class V adventures in the country!
The Salmon has a relatively short season and the trips are booking up fast. So, even if you are just interested but not sure yet drop us an email or give us a call with a date range so we can warn you if the trip starts getting full.
There is more Cal Salmon info at the California Salmon Rafting Page.
There are more photos at our Cal Salmon facebook page.
The Illinois 4-Day – Class 4+ (V) – One of the great wilderness river journeys in the country – some say the best. Few rivers can match its combination of extreme isolation, solitude, beauty, and whitewater. Trips are kept very small with a 2 or 3 to one guest to guide ratio and the season can be very short. This is already becoming one of our most sought after spring trips – call or email if you have any questions.
There is more Illinois info at the Illinois Rafting Page.
There are more photos (and a high water winter video!) at our Illinois facebook page.
The Lower Owyhee 5-day – The Grand Canyon of Oregon – it has been compared to Zion, Bryce, and Grand Canyon National Parks but in the end it probably defies direct comparisons. A 5-day wilderness journey through one of the most remote and bizzarly beautiful canyons in the continental U.S. with hot springs, beautiful side hikes, petroglyphs, and fun mild rapids (a great family option). We have trips scheduled in April and May.
There is more Lower Owyhee info at the Owyhee River Rafting Page.
There are great photos on our Owyhee River Facebook page.
The Middle Owyhee – This is one of the most exotic and rarely run river trips in the country. It combines dramatic dark sheer canyon walls, big rapids, and it is even more remote then the Lower. One of Pete’s favorites. This trip was featured on OPB’s Oregon Field Guide. While there is only one big rapid the remoteness makes it a true expedition.
There is more Middle Owyhee info at the Middle River Rafting Page.
There are great photos on our Owyhee River Facebook page.
Rogue River 3 To 4-Day Wilderness Trip – Our newest trip! An iconic American classic, a wilderness playground. One of the world’s great summer wilderness trips complete with remote riverside lodges. The rapids and the choice of craft make the Rogue almost unmatched in its ability to satisfy a wide range of tastes and skill levels. Check it out this summer!
There is more info at the Rogue River Page.
We have more spring trips online like the Lower Klamath / Clear Creek 3-Day Inflatable Kayaking trip and the The Lower Owyhee 6-Day Inflatable Kayaking Expedition. Check them out and call if you have any questions!
– Web site Update: We have updated our web site. Some changes like the big photos are cosmetic and easy to see, but the big changes are under the hood. We are trying to make it more interactive and useful – something we began last year with the ability for guests to add testimonials to the site. This year we have integrated it with our new online booking system, Facebook, a great review site called YELP!, and a more powerful blog. – Online Booking: Yup, you cab book trips online now. We hope people find it simple and easy to use. You can access it on any river page. We are really excited about this; if you get a chance to use it tell us what you think!
– Facebook: Who is on Facebook? It seems like more and more people every day. Facebook allows for a great interaction with guests, guides, and Momentum. Anybody can post pictures and add content. You can become a fan of Momentum River Expeditions and be the first to hear news, add trip photos, etc. We will be doing a contest soon. Become a Fan of Momentum Rafting on Facebook.
– YELP!: Yelp is an awesome new review site. If you live in any major city it is the best place to get restaurant reviews. Momentum has page and you check out reviews and add reviews here.
– Late spring low water inflatable kayak expedition on the Illinois: See the Illinois at a time and in a way that very few have seen it. Our first trip will be this June and it will set the stage for future trips in years to come. If you are interested you can read more about it here.
– Our Upper Klamath Facebook Page: Help! It is our most popular trip and the first trip for many of our guests, but we have very few good pictures our video. Anyone have any? The Facebook link is here.
– The snow pack: I have been getting a few very good questions about the snow pack – especially from people in California (it’s dry there!). We are actually doing pretty well. Most of our rivers have a near average snow pack – perfect for the season ahead. Many of our dam fed rivers (the Klamath and the Rogue) also have the benefit of leftover water from last years extremely wet year. The Cal Salmon is our one river that is below average, but it should not effect our April, May, and early June trips. We may just have a shorter season. However, the long term forecast looks very favorable for all our rivers in February and March so it is still too early to write off those mid June Salmon trips!
Enjoy world class rivers in small groups
with unparalleled personal service, organic
meals, and guides with 8+ years of
experience leading trips around the world.